Observation - something which ELT teachers are always trying to be alert about and be prepared for.
1) But how effective is observation?
2) At what stage is observation effective?
3) What are the cultural, social and personal factors that influence all the 3 - the observer, the teacher and the student?
4) Are students observed at all? Why is the focus only on teachers?
Dr. Craig says -'Teachers or students- who are the elephants in the room?'
5) What makes observation uncomfortable?
6) Solutions? Best practice vs reality.
See more at: